The heart breaking truth is that the war will continue and more Syrian men, women and little children will die in a war that has lasted over six year, unless there is a major change.
Dismayed at the Russian decision to veto a UN resolution condemning last week’s chemical weapons attack in Syria, Boris Johnson told the Russians they could be a lifeline for Assad’s murderous regime. Continue reading
Boris Johnson is travelling to Washington on Tuesday for a series of high level meetings when he will meet with some of President Trump’s closest aides, and likely the President. Boris is emerging as a key channel for the Americans in recent weeks, reports Tim Shipman in the Sunday Times. His constructive relationship with Jared Kushner ensured that British people are exempt from the President’s attempted ban on some predominantly Muslim countries. Boris will meet with his opposite number, Rex Tillerson, and talk with US intelligence chiefs, soothing the recent hiccup over spy rumours. He will meet with senior Congressional Republic readers , and is likely to meet the President. Continue reading
Posted in International
Tagged Angela Merkel, boris johnson, Congressional Republicans, Germany, immigration policy, Jared Kushner, Muslim ban, Nato, President Trump, Rex Tillerson, Russia, Sunday Times, Ukraine, Washington
It has been never a dull moment recently for the Foreign Secretary and Boris has had to take some tough decisions.
- He met with the team of Donald Trump in New York, but has yet to meet Rex Tillerson. whose appoint has only recently been confirmed. They have had extremely successful conversations on the telephone.
- He went to Cyprus to support the Cyprus peace talks.
- He has had various meetings with EU members.
- He has met with the Lords and gave an outstanding analysis of recent changes in the Middle East, which met with much approval.
- He supported the new Prez. over NATO – several EU members are not paying their share.
- He fielded the questions fired at him on all sides about President Trump’s 90 day immigration suspension in Parliament with firmness and honesty.
- Finally, he has formulated the UK Brexit strategy to help Mrs. May. This was hugely praised as one of the keynote speeches of the decade, and a lot of the speech was written by Boris.
- Boris met Bibi Netanyahu and discussed a US/UK/Israel alliance.
- Boris is working on a Balkan buffer – he does not share the enthusiam for the Russians of President Trump, although he appreciates their contribution to fighting Daesh.
Posted in National
Tagged 90 day immigration suspension, boris johnson, changes in Middle East, Cyprus Peace Talks, Donald Trump, EU members, Lords, Nato, Rex Tillerson, UK Brexit strategy, YouGov favourability