Boris makes fun of disgraced politician Tony Blair, above. As Foreign Secretary, Boris is still clearing up the mess left by the Bush/Blair war in Iraq. Blair allegedly lied to Parliament over WMD and killed a generation of Muslims, men, women and children. Continue reading
Steve Hilton, ex guru of the Cameron government, who left, disillusioned, to go to the States, was on Fox News today, beaming and bursting with enthusiasm. Once more, we are seeing the old, hopeful Steve, excited and energised by recent events.
It was clear from the body language in the interview they gave on Fox that “Bibi” Netanyahu and Prez Donald Trump have a genuine rapport. They kidded each other and talked about deal making. President Trump is keen to solve the Israel/Palestine impasse and he should only be applauded for the scale of his ambition. Continue reading
Turbocharged Boris Johnson is on his way to West Africa, and he will start his visit today in The Gambia, where he will meet new President Adama Barrow and visit the British-funded Medical Research Council, said the Foreign Office. The Foreign Secretary was excited to announce that Gambia is about to rejoin the Commonwealth.Boris Johnson’s trip is a first since the country won independence from Britain in 1965. “I’m delighted to be the first foreign secretary to visit Gambia this week,” he said in a statement on Monday. Gambia is the fourth country to return to the Commonwealth after leaving it, following South Africa, Pakistan and Fiji and Boris pointed out that “Global Britain is growing in influence and activity around the world.” Continue reading
It has been never a dull moment recently for the Foreign Secretary and Boris has had to take some tough decisions.
- He met with the team of Donald Trump in New York, but has yet to meet Rex Tillerson. whose appoint has only recently been confirmed. They have had extremely successful conversations on the telephone.
- He went to Cyprus to support the Cyprus peace talks.
- He has had various meetings with EU members.
- He has met with the Lords and gave an outstanding analysis of recent changes in the Middle East, which met with much approval.
- He supported the new Prez. over NATO – several EU members are not paying their share.
- He fielded the questions fired at him on all sides about President Trump’s 90 day immigration suspension in Parliament with firmness and honesty.
- Finally, he has formulated the UK Brexit strategy to help Mrs. May. This was hugely praised as one of the keynote speeches of the decade, and a lot of the speech was written by Boris.
- Boris met Bibi Netanyahu and discussed a US/UK/Israel alliance.
- Boris is working on a Balkan buffer – he does not share the enthusiam for the Russians of President Trump, although he appreciates their contribution to fighting Daesh.
Posted in National
Tagged 90 day immigration suspension, boris johnson, changes in Middle East, Cyprus Peace Talks, Donald Trump, EU members, Lords, Nato, Rex Tillerson, UK Brexit strategy, YouGov favourability
There has been a sharp rise in support for PM May’s Brexit strategy.. The strategy was formulated by Boris Johnson and chosen in preference to the strategy of Philip Hammond.Politico Brexit reported today that support for Boris’s Brexit strategy is now at 53%, up sharply from 38% last month in a poll of 2,000 people. Another 47 % said they believed May would get the right deal for the U.K., whereas 29% said she would fail. In January, respondents were evenly split, with 35% agreeing and 35 % disagreeing that she would make a success of Brexit. Continue reading
The new US President, Donald Trump, issued an Executive Order preventing citizens of seven countries from entering the US for a period of 90 days. Those countries are Syria, Iraq, Iran, Somalia, Yemen, Libya and Sudan. This is a ninety day suspension only, not a ban. Because of the chaos in Europe, President Trump is naturally concerned about the protection of his people.FS Boris Johnson spoke in the House to answer concerns on the action. He said: The order makes it clear that no US visas will be issued to citizens of those states and that anyone who already has a visa will be denied entry. Cotinued on link below and the bottom link is the video. Continue reading
When Obama banned refugees for six months in 2011 for reasons of national security, the left fell silent. Not a squeak from the Democrats, as Prez Obama did exactly what Donald Trump is doing now.n 2011 the US discovered Al-Qaeda terrorists living as refugees in Kentucky. They had entered the country as refugees.
As a result of this discovery the Obama administration blocked all Iraqi refugees from entering the US for six months.
There were no protests.
The left said nothing. Continue reading