The Kennedy tax cuts President Hoover dramatically increased tax rates in the 1930s and President Roosevelt compounded the damage by pushing marginal tax rates to more than 90 percent. Recognizing that high tax rates were hindering the economy, President Kennedy proposed across-the-board tax rate reductions that reduced the top tax rate from more than 90 percent down to 70 percent. What happened? Tax revenues climbed from $94 billion in 1961 to $153 billion in 1968, an increase of 62 percent (33 percent after adjusting for inflation). According to President John F. Kennedy: Our true choice is not between tax reduction, on the one hand, and the avoidance of large Federal deficits on the other. It is increasingly clear that no matter what party is in power, so long as our national security needs to keep rising, an economy hampered by restrictive tax rates will never produce enough revenues to balance our budget just as it will never produce enough jobs or enough profits. In short, it is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high today and tax revenues are too low and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now.” In February of this year, Boris Johnson led the call for lower taxes. David Cameron replied that he would love to lower taxes, but he could not and his reasons are here.
Boris Johnson – Cutting Waste @ City Hall
Putting £445 Back in Your Pocket
Creating 200,000 New Jobs
George Orwell said: In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell could have been talking about Boris Johnson.
A tweet from @fabio33g: "La politica fatta con il cuore è la politica di @MayorofLondon." Policy made with the heart is the policy of Boris Johnson.
The author of this website said, "Maybe the guilt of the fiasco and pain created by 13 years of Labour rule is too much for lefties to bear."
When hassled by foul mouthed hecklers, , the Mayor yelled back "Lefty Tossers!"
Speaking at the Talk London debate, with Nick Ferrari, "There is no support from the Lib Dems , said Boris, for anything to do with expansion anywhere, ever."
Speaking of the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, the writer of this website said "Melliflous phrases tumble effortlessly from his lordly, hardly moving lips."
- Boris Johnson has fortuitous aspects on his birthday
- Rebel members openly defiant! Is this the end for the EU?
- London is still the most powerful financial centre in the world says Business Insider
- Enough now! Remoaners are not entitled to any sort of deal over Brexit
- May has repeatedly broken her word to us, why should Dominic Grieve be any different?
- Bully Remoaner Sandbach threatens her critics with the police, clearly no supporter of free speech. #Brexit. @BorisJohnson 1 hour ago
- We know how much @theresa_may cares for children, thru her handling of child abuse inquiry. Aides even bullied the victims. @BorisJohnson 1 hour ago
- RT @scoote1972: The Speaker lets Corbyn away with a long preamble before actually getting around to asking a Question. #PMQs 1 hour ago